Haneef Abbas is the Chief Executive Officer of Leonine Investment Services Limited ("Leonine"). He co-founded Leonine with 2 partners in 2017 with the vision to build the most trusted financial services firm in Africa with a track record for maximizing value for clients and other stakeholders through the provision of best-in-class financial advisory, education and technology services. Haneef was named PricewaterhouseCoopers ("PwC") Nigeria 'most hardworking staff' in 2015 and Access Bank's School of Banking excellence 'Best Graduating Student' in 2011.
Prior to co-founding Leonine in 2017, Haneef was the Head, Corporate Finance and business reporting at Asset and Resource Management Holding Company. He was responsible for advising the group executive management committee on valuation, capital raising, corporate restructuring and business intelligence. He is also an alumnus of PwC, Access Bank Plc. and FSDH Merchant Bank Limited (formerly First Securities Discount House).
Haneef serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of Dosis Goodwill Foundation, a charity organization, which he co-founded in 2016.
His core skills and expertise include: corporate finance, investment management, financial due diligence, financial modeling, business entity valuation, business intelligence and data analytics. He has advised clients in financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, media and other sectors within and outside Nigeria.
Education and Professional Organizations
- ✑ University of Lagos – B.Sc. Finance
- ✑ Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK – Member
- ✑ Chartered Financial Analyst Institute, USA – Level III Candidate
- ✑ The Financial Market Association – Member
- ✑ Asset & Resource Management Company – Corporate Finance – Nov. 2016 to Dec 2017
- ✑ PricewaterhouseCoopers – Corporate Finance – Sep. 2014 to Oct. 2016
- ✑ Access Bank Plc – Project Finance – Feb. 2013 to Aug. 2014
- ✑ Access Bank Plc – Corporate Finance – Aug. 2011 to Feb. 2013
- ✑ FSDH – Investment Management – Mar. 2010 to Jun. 2011